The average person has over 1460 dreams a year!
Dreams are difficult to remember because they are not actual experiences you’ve had before. Our brain functions so that we only remember physical experiences because somehow, somewhere, our brain knows that dreams are mental experiences. We remember our wakeful experiences better because we are predisposed to remembering experiences that have real physical consequences.
Here are a few tips on trying to recalling your dreams…
1) have a clear mind before going to bed
2) don’t eat foods containing fatty substance because it will divert resources away from the brain and hinder dream recollection
3) keep a notebook handy so you can write down what you dreamt after waking up
4) slowly get out of bed! Lay on your bed for at least a few minutes and try to recall key moments
5) draw pictures which may help on your recollection of your dreams